As 2021 comes to a close and we all adjust to a “new normal” (which, we’re realizing, is a very fluid situation), it’s a worthwhile exercise to look back at the milestones that marked the year, both for our company and in our industries. But, we believe, it’s just as important to futurecast — to stay on top of the larger economic and more industry-specific trends that will shape our initiatives in the months to come.
Lingering questions from the past year remain: Will the Great Resignation continue unabated? How will remote and hybrid work change how we do business? And, a related query: What is the future of the office?
One thing is clear in this climate: It’s never been more important to build strong, resilient teams and develop long-lasting connections. As proactive, productive partners, the 20/20 Foresight team of executive search and industry experts takes these types of trends into account when crafting a recruitment strategy to spearhead your hiring needs.
Before we dive into the outlook for 2022 and beyond, let’s take a look at a few company achievements from the past 12 months that demonstrate 20/20 Foresight’s dedication to serving our client relationships and representing a distinctive perspective on our industry as a whole.
20/20’s 2021 in Review
The launch of Capital Connect: Say hello to our exciting new venture — Capital Connect, the only fully integrated real estate marketing solution. Thanks to 20/20 Foresight’s relentless drive for innovation paired with our deep partnerships, we have built an unparalleled database of real estate investment companies, private equity firms, REITS, and commercial and residential lenders. We then married this invaluable data to an integrated technology solution that supports email marketing, analytics, automatic real-time updates, client relationship management and lead management. This powerful platform is now accessible to real estate industry professionals seeking a comprehensive solution for enhancing their networking so they can raise capital faster and more efficiently.
Welcome to the team: We’re happy to report that we expanded our team this year, strategically hiring professionals to accelerate our market presence and strengthen our internal organization. This includes search consultants Mohit Kohli (New York), Dan Williams (Chicago), Jason Levy (Chicago), Rob Kelly (Chicago), Patrick Ferraro (Pittsburgh), and Alan Hargrove (Dallas), as well as Ed Kerley, who manages our compensation, leadership and business management consulting services. Additionally, Senior Vice President of Marketing Wende Ascher and Vice President of Accounting & Administration Karen Sikora have been brought on board to further our company’s communications efforts and bolster our corporate infrastructure.
We meet you where you are: Even in an era of doing business over Zoom, it’s essential to the 20/20 Foresight team that we not only hire market experts, but we have a physical presence in the cities where we work. That means we have opened a new office in the burgeoning hub of Nashville, as well as unveiling new workspaces in Chicago, Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Washington, DC.
It’s an honor: We were thrilled to once again be named to the Forbes list of “America’s Best Executive Recruiting Firms” for the fifth year running. This annual compilation highlights the nation’s top recruiters, and 20/20 Foresight is honored by the recognition of our singular approach to recruitment.
These accomplishments fuel our drive and our continued commitment to our clients. As we stay on top of the trends that will shape our industry in 2022, we’d like to share some insights with you as you determine your hiring goals for the year ahead.
What Does 2022 Hold for Human Capital?
Polywork. R.T.O. Synchronous time. With a new way of working came a whole new way of talking about it. But these monumental shifts extend way beyond our vocabulary — the future of how, where and why we work is suddenly under scrutiny and ripe for reinvention.
We look at this transformation as an opportunity — a chance to rethink the workforce, reboot the workplace and make the future of work better in ways we couldn’t have imagined pre-pandemic. What trends should be on the radar of hiring professionals? And, what can organizations do to attract top talent and ensure employee satisfaction and retention?
Here we present the top 5 trends in recruitment and human resources for 2022:
1. Empathetic leadership: Numerous studies have shown that leaders need to possess a superpower: empathy. What was once considered a “soft skill” is now deemed indispensable to driving business outcomes.
2. Upskilling and reskilling: Investing in your employees’ futures shows a long-term commitment to their growth — both personally and professionally. Communicating your company’s plans for continual upskilling and reskilling of its workforce is a powerful way to telegraph the premium you place on staff retention and organizational relevance.
3. Employee experience: Company culture ranks high on the list of candidates’ criteria when deciding on a place of employment. It stands to reason: It’s been said people spend one third of their life at work. It should be somewhere that makes them proud.
4. Give them what they want: Savvy employers today know that staying marketable means going above and beyond. Offering competitive salaries and benefits will always be key selling points in appealing to candidates, but other factors now come into play. Consider the potential employee’s full picture: Would a flexible schedule or remote work allow them to take the job?
5. Plan ahead: Recruitment is not a one-and-done project, especially in these unpredictable times. To avoid delays, companies must have a plan in place for when they need extra resources and focus on being proactive, not reactive. (Of course, that’s where a dedicated executive search partner who has the industry experience and influence comes in handy.)
You may notice a through line in these top workplace trends: An organization’s ability to adapt and innovate, maintain relevance and longevity, and achieve overall success depend on the continued contributions, satisfaction and wellbeing of their employees.
Make 2022 Your Year to Excel
The past two years have taught us countless valuable lessons about what work means to us and how it contributes to our overall happiness. How does your organization fit into that brightening picture?
With our industry experience and insights, our team is uniquely positioned to help employers navigate the needs of the new workforce. With our dedication to customer service and collaboration, along with the recruitment industry’s deepest databases, advanced technological resources and a proven comprehensive process, think of 20/20 Foresight as your company’s most valued resource for sourcing the world’s top talent.
The 20/20 Foresight Executive Search team would like to wish you a happy, healthy and rewarding new year. We look forward to working with you in 2022 and beyond to empower your organization to rise above any challenge and exceed your expectations for success.