Reporting directly to the office Managing Partner, the Search Consultant is primarily responsible for providing support during various aspects of the search process and for helping to source qualified and interested candidates for specific roles within our client organizations. This role will also include business development activities which would include helping with search presentations, following up on leads and maintaining client and candidate relationships. Our successful Search Consultants are self-starters, naturally inquisitive, and detail-oriented individuals who are resilient and resourceful. We are a cohesive group of intelligent individuals with strong work ethics, and we focus more on intangible traits than specific technical/professional experiences.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with 20/20 Foresights Managing Directors to learn about our client’s organization, including internal company culture, and objectives and challenges associated with the open position.
- Developing a search plan to identify potential candidates who are likely to have the required skillset and experience to succeed in the role.
- Researching, sourcing, and identifying potential candidates using various means (phone calls, referrals, networking, database reports, etc.).
- Discussing the opportunity with potential candidates and asking in-depth and pointed questions to accurately assess their capabilities, potential, and motivations.
- Conducting detailed reference checks on candidates to better understand their experience, strengths, weaknesses, management style, interpersonal skills, etc.
- Preparing documentation on candidates’ backgrounds (resumes, profiles, status reports, references, etc.) to share with the client.
- Maintaining thorough, timely, and accurate notes in the 20/20 Foresight database to track all search assignment activity.
- Providing candidates and clients with timely feedback and updates on the search status.
- Working closely with Managing Directors and client representatives to ensure that accurate and pertinent information is shared to attract candidates who will be successful long term.
- Assisting 20/20 Foresight team members in conducting research and gathering project-specific information on an as-needed basis.
- Identifying new client leads through conversations with candidates, references, and others.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in an environment that requires frequent and clear communication skills (i.e. inside sales, outside sales, professional services, project management, research, recruiting, human resources).
- Ability and intuitiveness to ask appropriate and targeted questions to assess candidates’ backgrounds, motivations, and interest levels.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to monitor and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed writing skills and thorough proofreading skills.
- Excellent listening and communication skills with the ability to develop and build relationships with clients and candidates.
- Ability to view situations from multiple perspectives and select the appropriate response or course of action.
- Ability to think analytically and strategically, and anticipate next steps.
- Desire to work as part of a team to reach common goals.
- Strong technical skills.